Thursday 28 November 2013

Letting go of a grudge :)

Hey heys! So I'm back alot quicker than I thought :P but sure, what harm!

So this one is a little random, I was just thinking about grudges lately, and I really am the type of person to hold one, but I can't help it :) If I have an argument or fall out with somebody I will always have this held against them, unless they apologize. I got to thinking that this is really the wrong way to be, forgive and forget is going to be my new way of thinking. Why? Because at the end of the day, life is way too short!

So what is a grudge? 
Not this thing :P

A grudge is a 'persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury'. Basically it is the act of hanging on to intense anger or dislike for someone based on something they wrongly did to you in the past. So, it could be a teacher that ate the head off you for not doing the right homework, a work partner who pushed you too far in work, or made some smart comment about your new pencil skirt or silk tie, it could be the ex who broke your heart or cheated, your partners ex causing you hassle, a sales person who keeps calling to your house, the list is absolutely endless! As I said above, I am so bad at holding grudges, but what's the point at the end of the day? Your just doing mental damage to yourself and causing yourself unnecessary stress. 

Dis someone hurt you intentionally in the past? Do they deliberately cause you trouble? Do you feel like they are 'out to get you' or compete with you socially? All you can do is be the bigger person, move on and forgive them. Sometimes we confuse the ability to hate someone with the inability to understand them. These people are obviously hurt themselves, insecure, jealous or angry. Just like me and you they make mistakes, and we have to learn to forgive them. You're not just doing better by you but better by them too.

I hope this helps you guys :) There really is no point in holding a grudge, just learn to forgive and forget :) 

Thanks for reading :D 


Sandy.S
xXxXxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment