Friday 12 December 2014

How to get the perfect eyebrows :)

Hey again :) 

So I'm going to write about something simple this time, how can you get the perfect eyebrows?
I know I'm no eyebrow angel and to be honest, the only reason I ever plucked them in the first place was because my oldest sister used to threaten catching me in a headlock as I came into my adolescent years and pluck out random hairs with her fingers! But recently I've been getting a lot of compliments about them so, I will tell you how I get my brows the way I like them :) 

I know that around sometime last year the HD brow came back into fashion, and while it has slightly relaxed more so since, I would still stick with the fuller brow compared to a thin one. I used to over pluck mine and the arch began too soon. It completely threw off my overall makeup look and made my face appear that bit rounder...nobody wants that...

So I will insert a chart of eyebrow shapes to match your overall face shape, and show you some tips to pluck them to the shape that suits :) 


So, I have a bit of a mixture of long, diamond and oval lol :) The ideal face shape is oval apparently, so women tend to try and create an oval shape with contouring etc. Well, you can do it with your eyebrow shape as well !

So, first of all, decide what facial shape you have and what kind of eyebrows might work best with you :) 

Next Step:
Get a tweezers and hold it vertically, with the open end against your nostril, so that the top of the tweezers is lined up with the start of your eyebrow. Make a line, either imaginary, or with a pencil to mark the proper start of your eyebrow. Start to pluck and of the stray hairs that may be in the part between both of your brows (uni brow) 

Step 3:
Using the tweezers, once again place the open end by the nostril, but placing the top by the end of your brow, having the tweezers at an angle on your cheek. The outer side of the eyebrow is where you should pluck any stray hairs from. 

Step 4:
Starting just below the fullest part of your brow, use an eye pencil to draw a line along the bottom edge of your brow; it should be above any stray hairs and it should follow the natural shape of your brow's top line, which may be angled, slightly curved, or even straight. Pluck the strays below the line. Ultimately, your brows should be between a quarter inch and a half inch at their thickest.

Step 5:

Look straight into a mirror. The arch should peak above the outer rim of your iris and lie right on your brow bone.  Mark the point with your eye pencil, then remove a row of hairs along the bottom, from your inner brow point to the peak point. After the peak, shape the tail.


What do I do when I am doing my eyebrows as part of my makeup routine?
Well, I start off by getting an angled eyebrow or eyeliner brush and because I have dark brown/black hair I will use a dark brown pencil and do a very fine line underneath the brow and another at about 1cm from the top of the brow. I will blend it in to the hairs, then get a darker shadow and using my brush, do very thin lines through the brow, like small hairs, using the darkest shadow in the middle part to make it look thicker. I will use a spoolie brush to fill out the whole brow and keep the hair in place. 


If it is a dramatic look, I will use my trusty while liner or highlighting powder and pat down a small amount underneath the arch of my brows.

Et Voila! 
Beautiful HD eyebrows :D 


Hope I gave you some helpful tips !!
Thanks for reading :) 
Sandy.S
xXxXxXx


No comments:

Post a Comment